Student facilities STUVO Bruges Studiebureau Boydens
The new STUVO building (VIVES Higher Education Department) has a trapezoidal contour that crosses over 3 floors, as a result, the proposed sleek, contemporary architecture is fitting. Exposed concrete is the finish on the interior walls exuding a certain degree of authenticity
The ground floor is mainly divided into a large meeting space, which comprises half of the floors surface area, including: a bar, a number of storages spaces, a vending machine corner as well as washroom facilities.
Located on the first floor is the office and technical rooms Located on the floor are 2 large meeting rooms as well as a cantine with accompanying kitchenette.
Technically, the installation consists of:
- An air handling group with a heat recovery system that allows hygienic ventilation inside the building.
- A gas condensing floor boiler as heat generator whereby radiators are utilized throughout the building as the method of heat dissipation
- Various LED energy efficient lighting devices.
- The necessary system connections with the main building (fire, burglary, data, etc.)
- energy efficient passenger elevator equipped with energy recovery.
total cost price: +/- € 1.600.000,00 hors TVA
total area: 1.122 m²
Study start date:: December 2015
completion date: October 2017
nature of work: Construction: study and following up MEP
cost techniques: € 346.805,96 VAT excluded
Katholieke Hogeschool VIVES, Doornikseweg 145, 8500 Kortrijk, BE
Debruyne Gino en Architecten, Witte Molenstraat 54a, 8200 Brugge, BE