Headquarters Bekaert, Zwevegem, BE Studiebureau Boydens
The project on the Bekaert site comprises 2 buildings. A completely new office building constructed in a sleek contemporary architectural style and the existing neo-Gothic building which was partially stripped and rebuilt.
Both buildings are connected to each other via a3-storey glazed central entrance hall.
The new building building consists of 4 floors. A spacious, open parking space is available on the ground floor. The first and second floor will be utilized as landscape offices and are interconnected by means of 2 central, open staircases. The top floor will be used for technical rooms.
/> The neo-Gothic building consists of 3 floors. A new company restaurant with a large lounge area adjacent to it is located on the ground floor together with various meeting rooms.
The first floor will be divided into showroom space, where it is currently located and into another landscape office. The second floor will be transformed into more landscape offices, management offices but the boardroom will be kept and refreshed on this level.
The greatest challenge of this project is to implement contemporary techniques into the neo-Gothic structure without losing or compromising the architectural features of the building.
Technically, the installation consists of the following:
- A new HV cabin with associated electricity distribution.
- Various LED lighting fixtures that are energy efficient energetic aspect.
- 2 chillers (in combination with dry chillers) and 2 condensing gas boilers for the cooling and heating of the buildings, both in combination with different delivery systems such as fan coils, radiators and Concrete Core Activation (new building).
- Air handling units with a heat recovery system that offer added value with respect to energy efficiency and better air quality.
- A KNX bus system where all electrical components are linked to each other.
The KNX bus system offers the client a platform where all the electrical parameters can be modified at any time, which increases the flexibility of the electrical system highly.
total cost price: € 9.971.100,74
total area: 6.423 m²
Study start date:: February 2015
completion date: November 2017
nature of work: Construction and renovation: study and following up MEP / EPBD reporting / simulations
cost techniques: € 1.506.208,15 VAT excluded
K Level : 32
E Level: 54
Bekaert nv, Bekaertstraat 2, 8550 Zwevegem, BE
Sileghem & Partners architecten en ingenieurs cvba, Winkelstraat 2, 8550 Zwevegem, BE